Freelance art historian, curator and coordinator
SKILLS and AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Curating art exhibitions; Coordination (art projects, publications, conferences, courses).
- Organization, administration and fundraising for art projects (exhibitions, festivals, courses).
- Writing (essays, catalogs, project writing); Art research and documenting.
- Teaching / lecturing; Moderation / facilitation (panels, exhibitions, workshops).
- 2016/17: University of Arts in Belgrade (Serbia), MA in Cultural Policy and Management (Interculturalism and Mediation in the Balkans, UNESCO chair)
- 2003-2008: University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philosophy, MA in Art History
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (selection)
- Art curator, art historian, coordinator, educator 12/2011-present
- Writing art history and curatorial texts; Research of various fields (culture, social).
- Working on art exhibitions; Leading and collaborating with art and education projects.
- Conducting lectures and workshops; Organization and coordination; Project writing and fundraising.
- Independently working/ed with artists: Muhamed Kafedžić Muha (BiH), Simonida Rajčević (SR), Aleksa Gajić (SR), Nemanja Čađo (BiH), Mirko Nikolić (SR/UK), Aleksandar Jevtić (SR), Adriana Salazar (CO/MX).
Civil Association ARTIKAL Belgrade, Serbia
- Director 01/2014 – present
- Coordinator, curator, co-founder 12/2011 – 12/2013
- Co-founder (with Andrej Bereta) and implementer of “About and Around Curating / Kustosiranje” educative and research curatorial project focused towards younger art professionals (experiential learning).
- Initiated and coordinated curatorial programs (3), exhibition projects (5) and an academic course in cooperation with Belgrade Youth Center, 53rd October Salon of Contemporary Art, Faculty of Architecture – University of Belgrade, Art Space U10, Mikser Festival 2012 and 2013, Ars Kozara art residency 2013-15, Dimitrije Bašičević Mangelos – Young Visual Artists Award Serbia.
Trans-Cultural Dialogues Belgrade, Serbia / Algiers, Algeria
- Co-curator, international team coordinator 12/2012 – 01/2017
- Initiated the project and platform as a co-founder and part of “Cultural Innovators Network”.
- Coordination of international and fundraising team; Co-organization of meetings in Algiers and Berlin.
- Co-curator and co-organizer of multimedia art in public space festival DJART’14 in Algiers.
Gallery Zvono, Belgrade, Serbia
- Associate 04/2012-present
- Writing catalog texts for gallery’s artists.
- Artists: Simonida Rajčević (“Human Activities. Helpless”), Nikola Kolja Božović (“Transformers”), Snežana Vujović-Nikolić (“Guardians” and “Morpheus’ visit”), Vuk Ćuk (“Grand Hall”), Jovana Banjanac (“Street View”).
SOMA Summer 2015 Mexico city, Mexico
- Participant, coordinator 06-08/2015
- Coordination of the 2015 closing event (32 international artists).
- Responsible for the press release, publication, exhibition program and setting.
Mikser festival Belgrade, Serbia
- Co-director of visual/artistic program (with Andrej Bereta) 04/2013 – 06/2013
- Program conceptualization and methodology, selection of the participants (7 artists, 5 curators, 5 associates).
- Coordinated and co-organized the open air exhibition “About and Around Curating: Thrill in Movement for Mikser Festival 2013”; Co-editor of the catalog, curator of Nemanja Čađo’s artwork “Silk Road”.
Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade Belgrade, Serbia
- Associate lecturer 10/2012 – 02/2013
- Co-author of “About and Around Curating” university course; Co-organizer; co-coordinator of three art students’ groups from different faculties; Exhibited students’ works in a contemporary gallery (Art Space U10).
The Museum of African Art Belgrade, Serbia
- Curatorial associate, animateur 08/2010 – 11/2011
- Worked in Education department and assisted with creating exhibitions (2), educative programs and workshops (6), festivals (2) and concerts (2).
- Co-organized and co-implemented museum’s programs (Collection as Passion, South Africa Live!, South Africa Meeting Point, AFRAM – Afro-American Music, TRRIP Night of the Museums 2011).
- Conducted researches, participated in project writing and administration.
PUBLICATIONS AND EXHIBITIONS (selection)
- “The Music of West Africa: Four Instruments from the Collection of The Museum of African Art in Belgrade”. Curatorial thesis and research, museum’s e-publications, 07/2015.
- “Ukiyo-e between Pop-art and (trans)cultural appropriation – artwork of Muhamed Kafedžić Muha”. Essay in Serbian, Kultura #147, 2015.
- “Weird and Wondrous Comics of Aleksa Gajić: Comics in the expanded field (works 2011-2013)”. Essay in International Journal of Comic Art (Vol. 16, No. 2, 2014) and exhibition in O3ONE gallery in Belgrade (10/2013).
- Festival “DJART’14”. Multimedia events: exhibitions, workshops, street art, performances and concerts. Trans-Cultural Dialogues platform, Algiers (11/2014). Publication forthcoming.
- “Paul Gauguin’s two Tahitian manifests: Mana’o tupapa’u and Where do we come from? Who we are? Where are we going?” The Journal of Modern Art History Department of Faculty of Philosophy #8, Belgrade (2012).
- Texts on William Kentridge: review in “AFRIKA – studies of art and culture” (No. 2, 2014) and essay in Seismopolite magazine (2013).
CERTIFICATES AND DIPLOMAS
- (Art) Curator, official exam and certificate by The National Museum of Serbia (2012).
- “Global education: intercultural dimension”. Online course and certificate by The Network University and North-South Center (European commission), spring 2014.
- Ambassador and mentee of “Creative Mentorship” project in Serbia. Swedish embassy in Serbia and Swedish Institute (2013-14).
- Spanish (intermediate, working proficiency, 2+/3). Certificates by Cervantes Institute, Belgrade, Serbia and George Shultz center (FSI), Arlington, VA, USA.
- Serbo-Croatian (native).
- English (full professional proficiency, CAE/C1). Certificates by British council in Serbia and Rainbow school of English in Belgrade.
- Association of Applied Arts Artists and Designers of Serbia (ULUPUDS, freelance artist status), from 2014.
- Association of Independent Cultural Scene of Serbia (NKSS, as representative of Civil Association ARTIKAL), from 2013.
- Cultural Innovators Network (CIN), from 2012.
- International Council of Museums (ICOM), from 2011.
For more info, please request CV.